Vegan Recipe – 1-2-3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies with Vegan Option
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (can use a natural variety, but stir well)
- 1 cup sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg (see below for egg-free / vegan)
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon (about 1-inch balls of dough) onto cookie sheets. Press each cookie with a fork in a criss-cross fashion to flatten slightly and create that traditional peanut butter cookie look.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are just cooked; you don’t want to brown them.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the sheet, before removing the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesVegan / Egg-Free Option: Grind ¼ cup chia seeds in your spice grinder until powdered and use in place of the egg. If the dough is too stiff, add just enough water or milk beverage to make a nice cookie dough. You can use ¼ cup flax seeds (measured then ground), but the results will be a bit more crumbly.