Vegan Recipe – Buckwheat Granola Sugar-Free
- 1 cup of buckwheat groats (raw or sprouted/soaked)
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (or chopped pecans)
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of hemp protein powder
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao nibs or unsweetened carob chips
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder
- drop of vanilla stevia extract (adjust to sweet tooth)
- 2 tsp of organic cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp of sprouted sunflower seed butter (for nut-free version) or raw almond butter.
- 3-4 tbsp of organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- stevia to taste (For non sugar-free option, use 2-3 tbsp of organic coconut nectar)
- Optional: 1 tsp of lucuma powder, 2 tsp of sprouted almonds or other nuts/seeds of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients together until there are no clumps left. Pour the wet mixture into the big bowl of dry ingredients and fully coat everything until clusters start to form.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking paper. Transfer the granola mixture onto the lined sheet and spread evenly so that it evenly bakes. Bake for 15 minutes. Check back and using a spatula, flip around the mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes and remove once golden brown. It may still look a little wet, but that’s fine! You will need to let it cool and dry for about half an hour or so before serving with your favourite coconut yogurt, almond milk, or fruit fresh!