Vegan Recipe – Orange Beetroot Tartlets With Almond Fig Crust
- 1 cup gooey dried figs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours then rinsed
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped red beet
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 peeled and chopped orange
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- To make the crust: blend the figs and almond flour together until you get a sticky, very thick paste that’s similar to heavy dough. Press into lined tart tins. If the dough is too sticky when you’re trying to press it into the tart tins, just wet your fingers a little.
- To make the cream: blend all ingredients together until smooth and like very thick yogurt. Pour into your tart crusts and refrigerate overnight so the flavours can develop. Garnish with chopped pistachios and enjoy! Note: I had some left over cream so I blended it with water and got pink cashew beet mylk. Cool.
NOTESUse any other gooey dried fruit instead of figs or if you don’t have gooey dried fruit add some water to the crust mixture to compensate. Use any other unrefined flour instead of almond flour or grind up your own flour from oats, nuts, etc. Use young coconut meat or any other nuts instead of cashews. Use any other unrefined sweetener instead of coconut sugar.